Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Sugar coating only makes you fatter.

Today, I went to lunch with a group of stay at home mommies from around Katy. We met at a place called All Star Family Grill (a cute little restaurant with playgrounds and arcade games). I found the group on meetup.com, which is a fabulous place. My friend Virginia told me about it while we were in St. Louis over Christmas. You can find a group for lots of different things in your area. This one is for stay at home moms with little babies who need to get out and socialize. I've seen some for scrapbooking, working out, the list goes on. Obviously, you have to be careful because it's the Internet and there are creeps everywhere. But this group is legit and JUST what I needed :) Most of the babies are VERY close in age to Brady. Just weeks apart. All the moms are very nice and friendly. And we all live near each other. I am planning to go once a week. There's a trip to the zoo coming up, a swim lesson for the babies, and a Valentine's Day cookie exchange :) Very exciting!

In other news, this has been a very tough week for Eric and me. I don't think he has seen Brady awake all week, except this morning when we took him to work at 4:30 am. (I came home after the meetup and looked for trucks online) Pff.. But we will be waiting on that! Eric's been getting home at 9 or 10 all week. This is rough on all 3 of us. Getting out with this group will help because Brady and I won't be as dependent on Eric for help and attention. But sheesh, I really hate weeks like this! I guess sometimes you're the bug. And sometimes you're the windshield.

We are working together to be understanding and helpful to each other. I make sure he has everything he needs for work, and take care of as much as I can during the day so we can just enjoy our time together. We also have to prioritize. The Christmas lights didn't come down until allllmost February, but if that means we get to take Brady to the park. So be it!

We are looking forward to family portraits next Saturday the 4th. I've picked out and ordered what we are each wearing. I just pray it gets here in time! It will be close! I am still fat, but working on it LOL It's true and I love being blunt about it. Sugar coating only makes you fatter. In soooo many ways. BUT, I have officially lost 50 lbs since having Brady. That's a hard number to think, say, and definitely to type! But I'm proud of how far I've come, while looking forward to losing more. I want to be in shape and comfortable by spring and summer so we can get out and be active without embarrassment :)

As for Brady boo.. He has been a little down lately, due to a TOOTH coming in! He doesn't cry or scream, but he just seems sad. Breaks my heart! But I can see (when he will actually move his tongue!) and feel it really well. Boy are those things sharp! Of course he wants to chomp down as soon as I put my finger in there. No pictures this post, because my camera is dead. But it's charging and I will make up for it next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment