Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Sleepier & Snottier

I went to my 3rd meet up yesterday. A walk at George Bush park. Once I found where the girls were (ended up at a rifle range first?!) It was perfect weather and great company. Brady got a little fussy because of his teeth and then slept. I think there were about 8 moms and their babies. What I learned is that my child is huge. :) Brady is SO BIG compared to these other babies his age and even a few months older. It makes me laugh. I guess with a Momma that's 6 ft tall, there wasn't much of a chance at being short. At 6 months he was 29 in and almost 20 lbs. About the 97%. Love it. I have always hoped he will be a baseball player.. should I change that to basketball now ;) We got lunch after and grocery shopped. It was a great day. Until I realized later that evening he was getting a fever :(

Brady had a runny nose all week, but no cough, no fever, or anything else sickly. I kept a close eye on things and realized he was sleeping a little more too. After his bath, bottle, bedtime story, he felt a little warm. Sure enough his temp was 99.3. (Side note: I often get “temperature” and “fever” confused. Example: “Eric, I don't think Brady has a temperture” What!?) I called the doctor first thing this morning and they got him in at 11. The congestion was not in his chest at all. Good news. But as soon as she went to check his ears I could tell it hurt. He has a little fluid in his right ear. Apparently colds can turn into ear infections :( Bummer! His doc said on average babies have 3 ear infections by 1 year old! Sheesh! So we are actually doing pretty well since this is his first illness and it's pretty mild. Thank the Lordy. Brady is such a champ! Still all smiles and giggles. Just sleepier and snottier :)

I've lost 2 more lbs and am only 6 away from pre Brady :) I have a feeling these last 6 will be tough to get off but I'm determined to kick them to the curb. I feel crappy sometimes that it's taking so long, but at least it's coming off! So easy to gain, so hard to lose! I've gotten good at promptly sending any bad food in the house to work with Eric.

We are talking about our family trip to Florida later this year. In October we will go to Tampa with my Dad, sister, and brother-in-law. Can't wait!! Eric and I have never been able to go together (I mean we've moved across the country together a few times, but can't think of any real vacations together!) and this time will be with Brady bear of course. He will be almost a year and a half! I can't wait to see his little tush runnin all around the pool and beach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment