Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas & a Thinner 2012 :)

Christmas 2011 was everything I could have hoped for and more. Brady had the best first Christmas in St. Louis. It even snowed!! We got into town on Monday around noon and stayed for 10 days. We spent most of that time with family. Lots of Yahtzee was played, we made cookies, watched movies, ate way too much good food, went to look at Christmas lights, played more scratchers than I can count, and went to church. Brady got to see Santa on Christmas Eve! 

We spent one night at my Dad’s house and got to hang out with his girlfriend Becky. We love her! And it’s nice to see him so happy. The rest of the time we stayed at my Mom's and people came to see us. That was nice!  The last 2 days there we saw friends. Virginia, Sarah, and Alex. 10 days was really great, but I wish I could’ve seen more friends. Christmas is always so busy though. It was nice to see my family playing and interacting with Brady. We could tell they love and miss him like crazy.
Brady did great on the plane! I’m very thankful Eric was with us, because unlike our last flight, Brady was awake the whole time! He was perfect, but a lot of work. Southwest doesn’t let us preboard either. :/  We did get to go through the first class security in Houston, but not St. Louis. Eric had to go through the body scan and get fully frisked, but he didn’t mind :0 Whatever keeps us safe on planes, I’m for it!
Brady got so many great gifts. Toys, walker, clothes, more diapers, the baby bullet, books, convertible car seat, and a really neat turtle that lights up and puts stars on his ceiling at night. I think I love it more than he does right now, but he will grow into I’m sure :)

NYE was spent at our house with some great friends. They brought their baby boy Connor and puppy Lily. Once the boys were asleep we set off fireworks and had some grownup fun :) It was much needed. After our trip to St. Louis and NYE I feel so recharged. I’m really motivated with our New Years resolutions. We’ve set quite a few! But they are things we have been planning to do for a while now. Swear less, save more, get organized, lose the rest of my baby weight, and find my place here in Katy. That’s going to mean more church, finding some classes for me and Brady (mommy and me and aqua tots… aqua tots after I lose the baby weight ;), volunteering, etc. I can’t complain about not having friends and family here. I’ve just got to do something about it. I think I’m the only Marine wife left in the Katy area. We still have over 2 years here though, so hopefully some will come along in that time. Here’s to a happy and healthy 2012.

Brady loves bath time, when I read books to him, when I play bite his sides, any silly noise we can make, and anything his Daddy does. He's also really paying attention to the dogs. He smiles and laughs whenever he sees Cowboy. I love it. Anyways, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous since we’ve been back. So, after naptime we are packin it up and headed out for a walk. Enjoy some videos from St. Louis! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment