Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Puppy Love

Rotten! That's how our dogs have been lately. Cowboy is always into something and we feel like his name will probably be Brady's first word because we are constantly yelling it. This isn't completely out of the norm because he has just been a handful since the day I brought him home. However, Sugar's behavior lately has been shocking. She wasn't listening/obeying, stuck her head in my bowl of salad, and was picking on Cowboy when he was actually being good. This is WAY out of the ordinary for her. Eric got really frustrated and I realized.. we suck as dog owners lately. Sugar and Cowboy have been so good and patient since we had Brady. They have been moved to the back burner.. because obviously Brady comes first. But they handled it better than I could've hoped. I think they're trying to tell us.. Ok, he's almost 7 months now. We've given you long enough. Treat us like babies again! I feel like there is always so much to worry about and take care of, I think I'm doing a good job but no one is perfect. I needed the reminder. 

We've been taking them on walks, giving them more baths, new collars, new toys, and more attention and play time. SUCH a difference! They are super sweet pups, love Brady, and I'm so thankful we have them. I feel safer having dogs and they are the best companions. Cowboy always sits on Sugar and she takes all his abuse with a little sigh and eye roll. And who would guess that sweet baby girl is a pit bull. Ooooo shutter ;) Sugar is sweet as pie, but knows how to protects us and our home. My perfect dog. Cowboys not so bad either, all he cares about is food anyway!






1 comment: