Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

2nd Anniversary

Tomorrow, Eric and I have been *legally* married for 2 years. I feel a lot of different emotions about this, but mostly I'm proud of us. We've come a long way in a short amount of time and we are still very much in love. I've been going through old pictures and reminiscing. Sheesh, do we look a lot different! It brings back so many memories of real happiness and all the planning for our future together. We were 21 and 22 when we met and we didn't meet under the most ideal circumstances (uhh we were both with other people is the short explanation) Then he left for what we thought would be a year long deployment to Afghanistan after only 5 months of dating. But what we've had, from the very beginning, is a great amount of trust in each other. That has gotten us through the toughest times.

Eric has come through on every promise he has ever made to me. He's faithful, loving, honest, hard working, and supports me in every way. And I don't really know if anyone else could put up with my bossiness! He knows how to handle me though :) I know I'm far from perfect, but I give a lot to this man too. For starters, giving up my life in St. Louis to follow his behind around the country. I love our life in the Marine Corps, but I do miss my family and friends something terrible. Every dream we've had together has come true. We got married, twice :) bought a home, had our son, moved a few times.. His whole deployment to Afghanistan we wrote each other our dreams and plans. Once we'd talked about it all we just said.. Ok come home already, so we can get this show on the road!
And we certainly have! Now, we wanna slow down a bit and enjoy every minute together. I'm not the biggest Taylor Swift fan, but she says it perfectly
"The stakes are high, the waters rough, but this love is Ours"
                                      
                                          Our first ball, Our first date <3
                                         The night he left for Afghanistan
                                             6 months later..

                The only picture I have from the day we went to the courthouse
                                             The house we bought in NC
                                                      April 10, 2010

                                                  Brady boo on the way :)
                                                 Brady Weisinger 6-30-11

No comments:

Post a Comment