Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Big 1 Year Old!

No one has asked us yet, “how old is he?' I'm waiting for it and know it'll be so weird to say “1”. His birthday party was perfect. Brady was in a great mood, napped when we needed him to so it stayed that way :), smashed his cake, and played with the other babies. It was HOT, but we did a good job keeping cool with the fans, tent, water, and kiddie pool. We are so thankful to have had our family and local friends there to celebrate. It's truly a celebration for Brady and us. As a family, we have come so far in a year. Really longer than that counting the time I was pregnant and we were preparing for him. It was bittersweet to say so long to having a 'baby' and bring on the toddler! I still call him my baby of course and told him I won't ever give that up! :)

He's finally getting over a tummy virus that he picked up at the party. He and two other kids ended up with diarrhea the next week :/ Brady was the only one that had vomiting as well. He never got a fever thank God, but his appetite was LOW to non existent. My skinny little boy doesn't need to lose an ounce, so it really broke my heart. He doesn't like pedialyte and now we are set WAY back on weaning from bottles and formula. After a few days, I could tell he was just sick of being sick. I always got like that as a kid, which my Mom reminded me of and which I do remember somewhat. He got really fussy after the 3rd and 4th day of being sick. I swear I saw him thinking, “Really Mom? When is this gonna go away?!” I realize this is the first time he's really been sick and for that I'm grateful!!

It was fabulous to have my family in town again. My Mom, sister, and brother-in-law hadn't been here since Brady was born and my Dad's visit was last November. I've been back to St. Louis since then, but it's different to have them here in our home with Brady in his environment. Brady is a great traveler, but he does get a little off his normal schedule. We went shopping, out to eat, and got everything ready for Brady's party. We definitely couldn't have had such a fun, smoothly running party without them. My Dad stayed for the whole week. He, Eric, Brady, and I went to the Houston Space Center and Grandpa watched Brady Thursday night for an hour so we could go get ice cream for a mini date night. I'm looking at plane tickets so Brady and I can hopefully make a trip to STL in September ish.

On Brady's actual birthday, he was still sick and it was a rainy day so we took it easy. We woke him up singing happy birthday, went for a walk, grocery shopped, and watched movies while we played. It was pretty perfect (minus him not feeling himself) since we had already had his party. Eric and I are now on a serious detox until my birthday! 23 days to go!! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment