Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grandpa's Visit

So far, we are having a great time. I don't see that changing over the next 4 days until my Dad has to go back home. He does visit us often and we really appreciate it. It means so much to have family and friends come to our house, wherever that is at the time. Our visit started off with a little hiccup. Grandpa had surgery on his knee about 2 months ago and it was really bothering him after he worked in the yard and then spent a day and a half in the car. But we got some ice and elevation going on and it's been much better. We started Monday working on our dining chairs. Karen and Randy (Eric's parents) gave us some great free furniture a few weeks ago. It's very nice and in great shape. Just needed a little sprucing :) We recovered the chairs. This was a little harder than I anticipated, but still went pretty well. I just won't say be saying "Oh we'll just recover the cushions" as if it's no big deal. Anytime soon at least. I'm so happy with how they turned out and I think the table and chairs look new again. 

We went antique shopping and got lunch today. Thankfully, Eric was able to meet us twice for lunch this week. Amazing! My Dad was looking for something old and unique that said something about Texas for his back porch. You'd think that would be pretty easy to find around here, but no such luck. We did find the cutest little bench for Brady though. It will be more for his 'big boy' room in a few years, but we just couldn't pass it up. An early Christmas present from Grandpa.  It says "This little stool is mine. I use it all the time. To reach the things I couldn't. And lots of things I shouldn't" Love! 

My Dad is also going to work on a toy chest for Brady. I'm so excited about this. My Dad made me a bassinet for my dolls when I was little and I honestly cherished it. I still do and am so glad Brady will have something like this as well. It really is one of the best memories I have from childhood. Not to mention, my Dad is a top notch carpenter :) I can see Brady's little tush sticking up in the air, while he is searching the toy chest for that one specific toy. We are going back out tomorrow to continue our quest for the Texas sign and to get lunch at a yummy cheeseburger place we saw. The name of the place is Texas Tradition and it had great reviews. Yum.

Saturday is our Marine Corps Ball. I'm getting my hair and nails done and a spray tan. Pulling out all the stops since I still have some baby weight on me. I'm wearing the dress from my sister's wedding. I am one girl who will always have a reason to wear that bridesmaid dress again :) Sunday is family pictures. We are having them done by Snapped with Love Photography. Melissa did Brady's newborn pictures so we know these will turn out beautiful too. She is fabulous! I'm just a little worried about the weather. It's supposed to be 80 Sunday, and I didn't exactly pick out summer clothes for this! Gotta love Texas! It's been up and down weather for weeks. I'm praying the forecast will change in our favor. It will be a busy and fun weekend!

Brady has been struggling with his teething this week. He has been fussy and in pain. It really breaks my heart. He is always such a happy and easy baby. I feel terrible that he is in pain. Not to mention he has no idea what's going on. I can see him thinking.. "What the hell Mom!?" I told him the other night, "Brady, I wish I could take your pain away for you.. And give it to Daddy" :) Here are some pictures from our visit so far. And of course there will be more to come :)








No comments:

Post a Comment