Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Quickie because I'm tired ;)

Levi was 10 lbs 10 oz on Tuesday. The doctor was very happy with his growth over 2 weeks. It's still not where he “should” be based on birth weight, but it's a very good sign that breastfeeding is going well. The Dr actually said, “Keep breastfeeding. You're doing great!” Woohoo!! We're going back in 3 weeks to weigh again. Waiting the normal 2 months just seemed like too long for both of us. Plus, that would be right before we move and I don't mind extra check ups before we hit the road.

It was really nice to get good news about Levi and his weight. Especially since Brady was in the hospital that day! Yeah. He was admitted Monday night. 104.6 fever, dizzy, and trouble breathing. I was freaked out. He got a cough 2 days before and got crazy sick that fast. Eric rushed him to the ER and I had to stay home with Levi. That's definitely the hardest part of having another infant and breastfeeding. NOTHING else could've kept me away from Brady. They took him straight back and ran lots of tests. He was admitted, put on an IV, oxygen.. They kept him for 2 nights and 2 days. He had a bad bronchial infection and early stages of pneumonia. How did it get so bad so fast!? So scary, but the good thing is.. I'm always on top of symptoms and temperatures. Call me overprotective ;)

Eric's parents were a huge help. They were at the hospital the whole time helping Eric out. I know Brady loved having them there. One of the times they took his blood, Brady said, “I wanna go see girl. I wanna see Grandma. I wanna see Patrick. Give him a toy.” OHHHH Break my heart. Grandma is my mom and Patrick is her dog. I made sure Grandma sent us pictures of Patrick :) I was at the hospital several hours each day. It hurt to leave him.

We're at home now, continuing the breathing treatments, meds, and doing my best to keep the kids separated. It's not easy! I have to time everything around when I think Levi will need to nurse. One more day until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment