Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Friday, February 7, 2014

2 months


He's really 2 months old?! It goes by even faster the second time because we're just so busy! Each day goes by pretty quickly. We're only 2 months away from our move. That really freaks me out!

Levi is doing very well. We're still exclusively breastfeeding. He's wearing 3 month clothes. He's sleeping great (most of the time). He's 24 inches and 10 lbs. The doctor said that seems a little low.. Ugh. So, I'm working on getting in as many feedings as possible each day (why do people think you can make a baby eat... ya can't!) and then we'll go back to weigh in on the 18th.

I'm pretty certain that he's fine. Plenty of pee/poo diapers, his color is perfect, he's really not thin, and he nurses about every 3 hours during the day, 4 hours at night. He's not crying or upset as if he's hungry and not getting anything. But I understand the doctor's concern. This is his job. He has to make sure each baby is healthy. Do you think there are some moms out there that miss the signs their baby isn't getting enough milk? Probably. Or there are babies with some greater health issue? Definitely. They can't let any babies slip through the cracks just because Mom says she thinks it's ok.

Levi is always smiling now :) And cooing a lot! It's so sweet. Brady is in love with his brother. He asks for “Baby?” if he can't see him. Brady brings a paci to us when Levi cries. I can't count how many kisses he gives Levi! And now he smacks really loud when he kisses. Hilarious. And just the other day Brady asked to hold Levi. I was stunned. Brady climbed in the glider and said, “My hold him”. Haha

Brady is huge. Eric and I can't get over it. He's going to be 3 in a blink. School is still awesome. I tell Brady, “you're going to school today” and he says, “Go see friends?” It's nice to know he likes it so much. I love reading his report every day. They always sing and read about Jesus, make a craft, jump in a bounce house.. What could be better?

Eric is finished with recruiting soon. It blows my mind. Sometimes (all the time) the last 3 years feels like a lifetime. I'm so proud of him for finishing this awful duty and doing very well on it. We are so ready to move on to the next and be back in our home! I cry when I think about being back in our own house. We just love it there and it's ours. I'm also nervous though. It will be another big transition for us. We're actually used to recruiting so switching back will take some time. I remember how much I hated everything about recruiting though, so I figure I'm going to love going back?! Haha Here's hoping!



No comments:

Post a Comment