Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Friday, June 28, 2013

17 weeks and a Birthday Boy

The last few weeks have flown by! Probably because we spent over 2 weeks away from home. Brady and I drove up to St. Louis on June 9/10 with my Mom. Eric flew up to meet us there a week later. My sister had Matthew Paul Bierman on May 31st. I had to get my hands on that baby :) It was wonderful to spend time with them and I even watched Matthew all night one night by myself so they could sleep. He has acid reflux so they were extra tired and stressed. He's doing great now though. Eric came up and was able to go to his first Cardinals game for a guys night. We had Brady's birthday party. And just lots of family time. It was wonderful.

Is Brady seriously 2!?? Eric and I look at him every day and can hardly believe how big and smart he has gotten. When I remember that he just started walking last November, I am stunned by how much he's changed since then. He certainly doesn't look like a baby anymore. He says about 3 new words every single day. He just picks them up so fast, it's incredible. He says lots of sentences and phrases now instead of just single words. "Here comes Daddy" "Daddy's home" "Where's our girl(sugar)?" "It's all better" And his favorite... "Go outside and play" Love it! He's also picking up a lot of things from books and shows. When we left St. Louis to drive home it was 5 am. He pointed out the window and said, "Look, it's the moon" I've never said that. But I know it's on Bubble Guppies. I'm getting a lot stricter about what's on TV while he's in the room, even if it annoys Aunt Allison ;)

We did a race car birthday for Brady our last day in St. Louis. Brady took a short nap, so he was a little cranky. But he loved his cake, cars, and power wheels :) Eric and I have been dying to give it to him for months now! I can't wait until he gets the hang of it and cruises all around our cul-de-sac and yard.

I really wasn't planning well when I picked our dates to go to St. Louis. I was gone for 16 days and that made me a week late for a baby doctor appointment. I also ended up in the ER with a bladder infection :/ And bladder retention. I assumed I had a uti, but when the antibiotic my doctor called in for me didn't work, they sent me to the ER. I peed to give a urine sample, and then they did a bladder scan. I still had half a liter of urine in my bladder. Not good! Especially since I thought and felt like I had emptied it. I got 2 prescriptions - another antibiotic and one to stop bladder spasms - had to go buy a maternity support band to hopefully help hold my belly off of my bladder, and was told to see a urologist when I got home.

Ever since my gallbladder surgery, I have been very vulnerable to uti and bladder infections. 3 in 6 months! Which makes no sense to me, because I am drinking SO MUCH WATER! No soda, no tea, no nothing else. And I pee constantly, never holding it. I drink cranberry juice so much the taste has actually grown on me! I had a doctor appointment scheduled for today, but had to reschedule for Monday since Dr. Doan had 2 women delivering at the same time and 4 more in labor! Yikes! On Monday, I hope to make sure my infection is gone, figure out what's up with my bladder, and *possibly* find out the sex of the baby. I'm not holding my breath on that last one. She might make me wait 3 more weeks. Which is fine by me. Of course I want to know, but I'm not rushing. Everyone around me sure wants to know though ;)

There are several things we can start doing before we know the sex. One, sell the bed in our spare room and get a smaller bed for that room aka the new nursery. And two, organize and rearrange our room to make space for the treadmill my wonderful Aunt gave us :) I am so happy!! I was doing so great with my walking up until June, and then you know it's Houston so it's hot as hell. Now, I can walk whenever I want! Not dependent on the weather and I can walk during Brady's naps. Woohoo! We're getting a TV for our room for my birthday. Which, don't remind me, I'm going to be 27. That just doesn't sound right?!



 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment