Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Friday, August 9, 2013

23 weeks


Brady and I went to my appointment this morning. Levi is doing very well. He's perfectly healthy, measuring correctly, and has a strong heartbeat. He moves a TON! I'm always feeling jabs and pokes. Sometimes I jump because he loves shocking my bladder! Lol. I don't mind the constant peeing so much, but sometimes my bladder just aches :( But I've been drinking so much water that my bladder is hanging in there!

Other than always worrying about my bladder retention, I also have sciatic nerve pain. I did not experience this at all with Brady. It really surprised me to feel that sharp, pinching pain! I almost fell down it was so shocking and painful. Thankfully, it's been brief and only in the evening and night (so far anyway!) I think I'm carrying Levi A LOT lower than I carried Brady. That's just my theory!

Dr. Doan gave me the go ahead on attending the Marine Corps Ball this year!! :) Wouldn't normally need permission ;) But I will be 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant and the ball is in Galveston. Everything is going very well with this pregnancy and Galveston is only about 1 ½ or 2 hours away. Thank God I found a website with pretty maternity dresses at good prices. I was scared!! Being 6 feet tall and almost 9 months pregnant.. I thought a dress might just be impossible!

I go back on the 27 for my gestational diabetes test. By my next regular appointment, Brady will be in school =) I'm so excited for him! And me :) At today's appointment, Brady thought it was hilarious to take my flip flops off and put them in the magazine rack.. haha. I know it will be tough at first, since we have spent 2 years together all day, every day. But I know he will have a lot of fun, learn a lot, and make some good friends. Everyone that works at our church is so nice and wonderful to the kids. We picked up Brady from the nursery on Wednesday night after church and communion and Brady gave a big ol kissie to the lady who had been holding him. It was late and he was tired. She was so good to him. It's normally very difficult for me to leave Brady. And that's with family! Lol They make me feel great about it at church.

Levi's room is really coming along. We've got the furniture and bedding set up. The glider is in there. So is our deep freeze :/ Oops! Gotta find a new home for that!! Haha. This weekend, my goal is to get some clothes put away, find a new changing pad cover, get a little basket, spray paint the curtain rod, and get a new valance that matches :) Hobby Lobby & Target, here I come :)


                                                    Brady and his Bears :)
                                              Why didn't I move those boxes??




No comments:

Post a Comment