Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

18 Months

Brady is almost a year and a half old. These last few months he has really taken off. Walking is the biggest development! I know every parent is thrilled when their child walks. BUT, if you wait 16 almost 17 months to see them walk.. It's something extra special. The joy and relief! We knew he could/would walk.. but felt like we were going to wait forever to see it happen. I was in the kitchen cleaning up and peeked in at Brady in the living room. I saw him take a few steps and sit down. I didn't say anything because it seemed like he was doing intentionally while I was out of the room. I kept secretly watching and he kept walking! I finally let him know I saw and approved :) Then took videos. It was absolutely wonderful. Now he walks everywhere and rarely stops :)

His speech has really progressed as well. Brady says, what's that/what is it? Thank you. Sit, good girl (obviously directed at Sugar or Gugar as he says :) Ball, Spoons, chapstick, Mr. Bear, and lots more. He understands EVERYTHING! I ask him if he is ready for a bath and he very happily runs to the bathroom. Hungry? He takes off to the kitchen :) He brings me his sippy cup when he needs a refill.

His eating has been great lately too. He's not nearly as picky and always eats a good amount. Eric and I noticed the other day that he has a little belly. It's definitely smaller than most kids', but we're so happy to see it! Brady loves to sit in a chair, hold utensils (ALL the time not just at meals), he's really getting attached to his Lion so Mr. Bear's got competition! He will even make a 'roar' sound. He hugs us a lot now and loves to sit in our laps on the floor. He's all toddler!

We celebrated our Christmas just the three of us yesterday. We are super busy next weekend and then leave for St. Louis the next week so it just made sense even though it's early. Brady was loving every minute of it. He loved ripping the paper and especially the bows. The funny thing is, if you tell yourself it's Christmas, it really feels like Christmas. We got up and started the turkey. When Brady woke up, we let him see his presents, ate monkey bread for breakfast, then tore into gifts. I cooked while the boys played. Christmas music was on and it truly felt like Christmas day. A few times I thought about something I may need from the store and thought “Oh they're all closed” LOL. Oh wait it's just December 9th! Haha. Brady is so lucky because he still gets to do Christmas with Eric's parents before we leave and then Christmas in St. Louis. We're driving this year and taking Gugar with us so wish us luck! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment