Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

That's Love

After two seperate conversations with good friends, I was recently reminded just how lucky I am to have my husband. I am always well aware of what a terrific husband I have, but sometimes I get smacked with an overwhelming feeling of love and appreciation for all he does. I am blessed to be able to stay at home with Brady, worry free of how the bills will get paid. Eric works LONG, hard hours recruiting. Several days a week, he is gone before Brady wakes up and home after he's asleep. Several times a month his alarm rings at 3 am and then he works on weekends. Eric rarely complains about any of it and regularly tells me how great I am. Really? :)

We each know that we cannot do what the other does. Eric 'hits the streets' every day, talking to kids, their parents, teachers, etc. I would be beyond burnt out after a year and a half. I literally can't stand to think about going a day without seeing Brady. But Eric knows he would “lose his mind being trapped in the house all day”. Yes he actually used those words! Lol I'd love to see him take care of Brady all day, do some laundry, clean, find time to shower, and cook dinner. All by himself for a day! 

The truth is, we are the perfect team. He is strong where I am weak. I never doubt him or worry about anything. He is my biggest fan and always supports me. Hell, he did weight watchers and work out dvds with me to lose baby weight. That's love :) I know I have him by my side and that together we can get through anything. January will bring our 3rd anniversary. We've already been through so much and only God and the USMC know what's still to come <3
 


No comments:

Post a Comment