Welcome

Eric & I were married on January 15, 2010. And then again on April 10, 2010. If you know the military, there's no need to explain :) We had a small, perfect wedding in Myrtle Beach.
The Marine Corps moved us to Houston, TX for recruiting duty and we had our first baby, Brady in June, 2011. And our second son, Levi in December, 2013. We wrapped up in Houston, and have recently moved back to North Carolina. This blog is to share with our family and friends, and for me to look back on when I want to revisit the memories.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Go Cardinals!!!!

I was so happy that they won the game on Sunday. Eric, Brady, and I went to the game with the Fletchers and had a blast. The Astros creamed us Friday and Saturday so I was nervous. I didn't want to hear a bunch of crap wearing a Cards shirt. Well, after 4 home runs, no one said a word! 8-2 :) We saw a guy wearing a shirt that read "Marry a Cards fan, Live happily ever after" Story of Eric's life :) Brady did SO good at the game. He was awake and happy until the 9th inning. After 3 hours he passed out on Daddy. I think it's safe to say he loves baseball as much as we do! Good thing, because his birthday is allllll baseball. We have gotten the decorations, invitations are going out tomorrow, and the cupcakes are ordered. SO exciting!!! My Mom, Dad, sister, and her husband are ALL able to make it down for the party. I cried when I heard they could all make it. I can't imagine celebrating Brady's birthday without any of my family.

My dad is working on building his toy chest for him. I'm really excited about this since my Dad is a top notch carpenter. It makes me want to redo his room already for a big boy. Lol But we'll wait on that. Brady is doing great with everything. He loves to walk around holding my hands and turning on and off the light switches. He dives for them when we walk by! He's 10 flippin months old. NEXT MONTH he will be 1. Truly unbelievable. Until... I think about where we were a year ago.. staying with my in-laws, looking for a house, and almost 9 months pregnant! Not to mention I was as big as a HOUSE! Yeahhh then it feels like a year! :) We've come a long way. I think we're really getting the hang of recruiting. Eric's new boss is great! His days are a little shorter now. On average 8-8. Sad that that's better, right?? Well it is! I've also lost 10 lbs on Weight Watchers in 5 weeks. My goal is only 12 lbs away. I'm hoping to get there by Brady's birthday! Lol But, that goal is 17 lbs under prepregnancy so I've got no complaints! Even when I think I'm being 'bad' on WW, I still loose weight. It really changes the way you think about what you eat. Thank goodness for Lauren sharing her success with me and now I have 5 friends and family doing it since I started. Very helpful! I got my hair cut pretty short and I love it. Been feeling pretty good lately :) Eric has lost 9 lbs and says that people notice all time. So he's doing great too.

I've been stripping my diapers today. Brady's diapers that is ;) I have only done this once before and didn't do it full out. I took our clean diapers and rinsed them about 6 times in the washer to get rid of buildup (Desitin and detergent). Then added a TINY bit (½ tsp probably) of Dawn Original dish soap and washed them with that. I have an HE washer and dryer so I was VERY nervous to try it and Eric really didn't want me to, buuuut the diapers did have a little funk to them. So I couldn't help myself. My child is still a big pooper! Yesterday, he pooped 4 times before noon. They were all solid. He gets it from Eric LOL :) With all that pooing, I'm surprised I've made it this long without stripping them. It's probably because I still use liners. Anyways, I'm going to dry them in the sun to get rid of any stains and hopefully they will be like new!

Our tenant in NC signed a new 1 yr lease. Talk about a huge relief! It's stressful wondering and waiting to find out. Other than that one mishap of being late in November, she's been a good tenant. Shit happens, so I try to be understanding and move on. I have been feeling very grateful lately. There are so many stresses in life, especially one in the military and on awful recruiting duty. But it's always what we make of it. I'm thankful my husband is home every night and most weekends. Plenty of our friends can't say that right now. My husband is so good to me. I know I'm not always easy to handle, but he does a great job ;) We have a beautiful home, healthy baby, and no BIG worries. God is good!! And I don't want to forget it!





1 comment: